The post graduate diploma in travel and tourism course are highly popular these days as they professionally and competently cater to the increasing demand for highly skilled professionals in this dynamic industry. The top colleges and schools of excellence uniquely design this course to prepare students to become proficient managers of travel and tourism industry. The entire course structure is created with industry interface in mind.
As an integral part of the course of study, students are given a chance to be part of projects, workshops, case-studies, study-tours and multiple international certification programs. Post graduate diploma courses in travel and tourism management are comprehensive courses for building capable students as managers and executives. So, if you want to make a progressive career in the tourism industry, then read below to know about the course in greater details so that you cango ahead and join this program confidently.
Eligibility: Graduate in any stream from a recognized university.
Admission Process: Based on marks secured in graduation. Also depends upon candidate’s performance in entrance test which is followed by personal interview, counseling and group discussion.
Course Duration: 1-2 years inclusive of internship duration.
Job Positions after course completion: After the successful completion of your course, you would be eligible for holding attractive positions like Management Trainee, Travel Agent, Tour Planner, Sales and marketing staff, Reservation and counter staff, Tour guide, Traffic Assistant, Air hostess, Tour operator, Guest Relationship Manager, Market Researcher, Itinerary Designer, etc.
Top reasons for joining post graduate diploma courses in travel and tourism:
- Working in the travel and tourism industry is all about enhancing the travelling experience of clients by making it an enriching and enjoyable experience through top quality services.
- According to a report by the World Travel and Tourism Council, Indian tourism industry is gaining great heights and is likely to see a huge upsurge in growth year by year, owing to new and flexible visa rules.
- It is believed that very soon India’s travel and tourism economy will contribute around 9% of total employment.
- The industry has experienced and qualified faculty members who are all acknowledged scholars in their field of study believe in a holistic approach for developing the inner potential of students.
- A post graduate diploma in travel and tourism will help you develop a strong business acumen through innovative study of general subjects like Tourism Planning, Principles of Management, Financial Management, Marketing Tourism, Economics of Tourism, and then later on specialize in a specific area.
- This course is designed for offering specialization in a varied range of vocational programs with a combination of specialized knowledge of the travel and tourism industry and also general business management skills. It will also help in building competence in a specific area of business that includes tourism management.
The career prospects are endless in travel and tourism industry. A skilled travel agent can more efficiently keep a track of the business as wells as operations part including admission in hotels, transportation, lodging, and also entertainment activities for clients by planning group trips, etc. You will also be able to plan trip itineraries and offer advice on destinations, and make travel arrangements for clients. As a market researcher, your job will include planning, implementing, controlling, analyzing and reporting on information that you collect.
As a professional tour planner or tour guide, you will be responsible for coordinating and conducting long distance expeditions, both for groups as well as individuals. You will be ensuring that the trip runs smoothly from one venue to another without any hassle. You will also be held responsible for confirming reservations and show timings, plus deal with promoters, venue managers and ticket agents. Looking after the finances and scheduling travel will also be a part of your job.