The travel and tourism industry in India is experiencing unprecedented growth. The industry is one of the largest and it is one of the most profitable industries in India. It significantly contributes to the foreign exchange earned throughout the year. As per different studies, the industry is expected to create millions of jobs in India within 5-7 years.
Students have a great career opportunity in this evolving industry of travel and tourism. The candidates who want to pursue their career in this industry can easily choose to work for travel agencies, government tourist department, tour operations, immigration, custom services and so much more.
Candidates can always go for a degree, diploma, or certificate course in travel and tourism at graduation or post-graduation level. The candidates can easily pursue a Ph.D. in their chosen subject. Moreover, they can build their career in the field of research. The travel and tourism course have to offer different things in terms of the course curriculum, job profiles, top recruiters and more.
Required skill-set for the travel and tourism industry
The professionals who are working in the industry of travel and tourism are concerned about providing quality services to people who stay away from home on a holiday or business. The candidates who are looking to pursue a career in the tourism industry should enjoy traveling along with the knack about learning new things and staying updated with the latest information about this industry. Some of the traits and skills that a candidate should possess who want to build a successful career in this industry:
• Excellent communication skills
• Pleasant and well-groomed personality
• Problem-solving skills
• Time management skills
• Leadership skills
• Good administration and management skills
• Good research and planning skills
• Organization skills
• Strong networking skills
Hera are some of the popular travel and tourism courses chosen by the aspirants:
• Certificate course in Travel & Tourism
• Airfares & Ticketing
• Bachelor of Tourism Administration
• BBA (Tourism and Travel Management)
• Executive MBA in Tourism, Hospitality and Aviation Programme
• MBA in Tourism and Travel
• MBA International Business (Tourism)
• PG Diploma in Travel and Tourism
• Master of Philosophy (M.Phil) in Tourism
• Cruise Line Operations and Management
• Computer Reservation System
• BA (H) Hotel Management, Travel and Tourism
• B.Com Tourism and Travel Management
• Master of Tourism Administration
• MBA in Tourism and Leisure
• MBA in Tourism and Cargo Management
• MA in Travel and Tourism
• Ph.D. in Travel and Tourism
There are many reasons to get into this industry. So, here are the three points which you should know before getting attracted to these courses:
Lucrative salary: as the industry is growing now and then, it offers a lucrative salary to the aspirants. If you understand the needs of the clients, you can easily grow and grab a good package.
Travel: yes, you heard it right. You can travel from place to place that too at a reasonable price. You can easily grab the opportunity to work at your favorite place and once you get bored you can switch to a new place.
Evolving industry: as the industry is evolving, you won’t be out of a job ever. People will not stop traveling or experimenting with new cuisine and thus being in this industry can be fruitful.